The Procurement Department is one of the departments in Students Welfare Authority (SWA) that deals with acquisition of goods services and works for SWA. It also deals with coordination of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete or surplus stores, assets and equipment. In order to carry out the above function the department is guided by the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and the Regulations, 2006.
- Receiving and processing of requirements from user departments. The Departments are expected to provide a duly completed AIE form.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual procurement plans submitted by the respective SMU’s.
- Preparation and processing of quotations.
- Provision of secretariat services to all the statutory procurement and disposal committees.
- Ordering, follow-up and processing of goods delivery schedules to user departments and stores.
- Performance of market research and price survey on items and services required by the University.
- Maintenance of updated suppliers register and files for purposes of performance evaluation.