The Procurement Department is one of the departments in Students Welfare Authority (SWA) that deals with acquisition of goods services and works for SWA. It also deals with coordination of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete or surplus stores, assets and equipment. In order to carry out the above function the department is guided by the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and the Regulations, 2006.
- Receiving and processing of requirements from user departments. The Departments are expected to provide a duly completed AIE form.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual procurement plans submitted by the respective SMU’s.
- Preparation and processing of quotations.
- Provision of secretariat services to all the statutory procurement and disposal committees.
- Ordering, follow-up and processing of goods delivery schedules to user departments and stores.
- Performance of market research and price survey on items and services required by the University.
- Maintenance of updated suppliers register and files for purposes of performance evaluation.
PURCHASES FOR THE YEAR 2020/2021
PURCHASES FOR THE YEAR 2019/2020
- TOTAL PURCHASES 2019 -2020 FY
- REPORT 40% 2019-2020 FY
- 40% REPORT QUARTER 3 JAN-MARCH 2020
- 3RD QUARTER REPORT
- 30% AWARDS 2019-2020 FY
- 30% PPRA REPORT FOR QUARTER 3 JANUARY-MARCH 2020
- 2ND QUARTER 40% REPORT OCT-DEC 2019-2020
- 2ND QUARTER TOTAL PURCHASES 2019-2020 FY
- TOTAL AWARDS DECEMBER 2019
- TOTAL AWARDS JANUARY 2020
STAFF IN PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
Mrs. Kanjejo Joan Achieng - Deputy Procurement Manager
The Deputy Procurement Manager is Assisted by the following members of staff;
- Antony Obare - Procurement Officer
- Anne Kariuki - Procurement Officer